Healthy Benefits of Pistachio
- Pistachios are delicious tree nuts recognized for their wholesome nutrition principles.
- Pistachios are rich source of energy; 100 g of nuts contain 557 calories.
- They are rich source of many phyto-chemical substances that may contribute to their overall antioxidant activity, including carotenes, vitamin E, and polyphenolic antioxidant compounds.
- Pistachios are an excellent source of vitamin-E, especially rich in gamma-tocopherol; contain about 23 g per100 g.
- The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
- These nuts are the storehouse of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.